Grange Primary School
Grange Primary School has been on a journey to improve its parental involvement and partnerships with parents over the past 18 months.
By visiting our setting you will see the variety of systems we have in place that allow our parents to get involved with their child’s learning including –
- Half termly parent and child sessions (parents are invited into our setting each half term to work alongside their child in a carousel of activities. The carousel has a different focus each half term e.g. mark making, number or it may be linked to a theme e.g. harvest or Christmas activities)
- Parent coffee mornings
- Regular meetings with parents to discuss areas such as phonics, reading, speech and language
- Learning Journals that parents have access to every day
- Individual trackers in the back of learning journals so parents have a simple but clear picture of their child’s attainment and progress
- Termly ‘Look at Me Now’ detailing targets and parental comments
- Systems set up whereby parents contribute to learning journals regularly
- ‘Story from home’ and ‘Leaning at home’ displays to show off what children have been doing at home
- Half termly projects that parents complete at home with their children e.g. building a fire station or a castle
- Floor books to show the amazing activities children and parents have been involved with
Grange Primary School also prides itself on the enrichment activities we offer our children. These activities develop children’s knowledge of the world and their community. All enrichment activities are evidenced in our floor books. Enrichment activities included:
- Going out of school on a trip at least once a half term (trips include visits to Ward Jackson Park, Tweddle Farm, the Fire Station, the forest)
- Inviting speakers or visitors into school (visitors have including Wild Animal Adventures, story tellers, the West View Project to make wigwams and dens and a puppet theatre)
- Visiting the local shops regularly to buy ingredients, post letters e.g.
We would be happy for settings who are interested in coming to see our provision to contact S. Musgrave (Assistant Head – EY Lead) on the school number 01429 272007 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Like the site? Or spotted an error? Please tell us.
Share With Others