Location: Home ► Early Years
St. John Vianney School was founded in 1964 serving the local community providing Catholic education for children from 3-11 years old.
In 2003 we became a Children's Centre providing services to families in the local community. In 2006 we grew once again when we established Starfish Early Years welcoming children from 3 months.
Since then and with the introduction of the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum for children from birth to 5 we have worked hard at becoming a fully integrated setting merging daycare with the school to provide care and learning for children from birth to 5 years from 7.45am to 5.45pm 50 weeks of the year.
We believe that parents are the first teachers of their child; we join together on a journey through life, in faith, with learning. Our mission is "Come as you are and grow with us." Thus it is important that alongisde whatever we provide, children still have the opportunity to spend quality learning time with their parents because we believe that learning goes on all around us all the time. We strive to make our setting feel like 'home'; we have no uniform, no identity badges and hope that children and their parents come to see us as extended family.
The Early Years are the most important time for children's learning and development. In our setting we deliver outstanding practice built on four main principles, all of which are to offer guidance to Early Years Practitioners on creating the most effective learning environment for each child. The four principles are:
- Unique Child
- Enabling Environments
- Learning and Development
- Positive Relationships
How we Help
- OFSTED registered
- Child care provision from 0-5 years
- All staff are qualified to a minimum of Level 3 and include Early Years Professionals and qualified teachers
- Excellent environment and resources both inside and externally
- Adult planned activities as well as child initiated play
- 82 places for any child from any area
- Open from 7.45am to 5.45pm, Monday to Friday, 50 weeks a year
- Flexible and term time hours available
- Fully funded nursery places from 2 years old
- We also benefit from an onsite Children’s Centre offering a range of family based services, activities and events.
Admissions Policy for Early Years
Providing support to help your child develop further
Providing a rich and stimulating learning environment
Children learn and develop in different ways
Children learn to be strong and independant
Times and prices for Early Years
Welcome to Rock Pool Room
Welcome to Bay Room
Welcome to Sea Room
Welcome to Ocean Room
Like the site? Or spotted an error? Please tell us.
Share With Others